Welcome to the Australian Macedonian Medical Society
The Society was established in August 2009 by a group of Macedonian doctors and was officially registered as an Incorporated Association in March 2010. Its first Annual General Meeting was held in July 2010 where The AMMSoc Constitution was agreed upon by its members. It is a growing organisation of enthusiastic medical and allied health professionals dedicated to the promotion and improvement of the health and well being of the local community as well as specifically adressing the particular needs of the Macedonian community.
The objectives of the Society:
- To promote professional standards of its members.
- To provide a forum for professional and social exchange amongst its members.
- To promote and conduct continuing medical education.
- To advocate on behalf of members in regards to community health issues.
- To acquire and accumulate knowledge and provide responses in relation to health
issues affecting the Macedonian community in Australia.
Additional objectives include:
(1) To contribute to deserving charitable causes and organisations.
(2) To perform acts of good corporate citizenship.
(3) To promote mutual understanding and to liaise with other medical
The website is in its early stages of development and content will be added progressively so members and the public are encouraged to visit periodically.
Dr Nick Cvetkovski (President)
Dr Nikola Mitrev (Vice-President)